My old pal Olivier Legrand, the mastermind behind Mazes & Minotaurs, has finally released the long-awaited Vikings & Valkyries! But rather than paraphrase, I’ll just quote:
VIKINGS & VALKYRIES
Well, the title says it all, doesn’t it? Mazes & Minotaurs goes Norse with this 100% new and 100% free supplement detailing the alternate game setting of Midgard – a whole new world of adventure to explore, conquer and plunder!
This 50-page, fully illustrated and bookmarked PDF book includes:
- Rules for creating Norse adventurers, including the new Viking class and rules for playing Elves, Dwarves and (yes!) Half-Giants – as well as simple conversions of existing M&M classes into Valkyries, Berserkers, Princes and other archetypes of Norse legends
- New combat options – including rules for going berserk, breaking shields and maiming opponents!
- Rules for drinking contests and other manly Viking games!
- Rules for Ice Elementalism!
- An overview of the new world of Midgard (including an original map) and its otherworldly surrounding realms, from Asgard to Jotunheim!
- Many new creatures – including several types of Giants and Trolls!
- A collection of typical Norse mythic items – including Mjolnir!
- The usual M&M mix of faux retro pastiche, kitsch homage and old school goodness!
So by Odin, what are you waiting for? Put on your horned helmet, swing your battle axe at those pesky historians who insist on telling you that horned helmets never existed and go get your free PDF of Vikings & Valkyries from the regular Revised Mazes & Minotaurs website:
Or directly from the following webpage:
Vikings & Valkyries: a whole new world of adventure!
So what are you waiting for? Get to downloading already!
Oh yeah! I’ve been waiting for this one. Thanks for the heads up, V.P.
Glad to help out, G-Man! Enjoy Olivier’s excellent work 🙂