Wherein your humble scribe archives a passel of tenuously useful tables he originally posted on another platform.
1d6 Folksongs For Your Bard To Sing
Don’t just say “My bard sings!” Name that tune, slappy!
- The Faerie Queen’s Only Daughter
- Auld Maundie and the Lash
- The Death of Zacharias McGonigle McGee
- A Roundly Dancing Maid
- Ring! Ring! The Bells of St. Vincent
- Over Table, Under Table, Thunder in the Jar
1d6 More Folksongs For Your Bard To Sing
Start singing the first line if you really want to be in character…
- The Ballad of Lord LeMond
- Bear, Brownie, Boulder, Brook
- The Barmaid’s Broken Heart
- A Bird Calls for My Darling
- Bonny Maidens in a Row
- Bravely Forth, Ye Knights of Abbey Briar
Yet Another 1d6 Folksongs For Your Bard To Sing
Keep going, you’re roleplaying after all…
- The Old Rogue’s Lament
- Under the Moons the Elf Maids Danced
- A Lock of My Darling’s Hair
- The Fires of Bannywick Town
- Down the Docks (The Sailor’s Working Song)
- A Chatty Bird in the Old Oak Tree
1d6 Folksongs For Your Bard To Sing: The Next Generation
No wonder people hate bards…
- The Fall of Crawford’s Dell (The Birds All Sing)
- The Priest, The Sheriff, and The Ass (All Sound the Same to Me)
- She Went Again to Valdren Town (A’ Riding on Her Mare)
- Captain Quincy Can’t Quit Charging (His Arse is All Aflame)
- One Toe in the Dragon’s Mouth (The Other in the Mead)
- The Tired Soldier Soldiers On (The Tired Whore Keeps Whorin’)
1d6 Angry Gods
What lurks within that sealed cyclopean tomb?
- Vorth the Destroyer
- Ghee-Lahst, She Who Castrates
- Oid, Maker of the Scream
- K’uhl’mn’jhk from Beyond the Veil
- Sa’ireest’ah the Devourer
- The Eyeless Child
1d6 Pirate Parrot Names
- Sally Anne
1d6 Agent Codenames
Who was that dashing agent?
1d6 Acronym Agency Names
Decipher these acronyms on your own time.
1d6 More Acronym Agency Names
Decipher these acronyms on your at your own peril.
1d6 Super Spy Gadgets
Toys for all!
- Sonar wristwatch
- Laser cutter cufflinks
- Magnetic shoes
- Rebreather cigarette case
- Nightvision sunglasses
- Flaming breath spray
1d6 Tavern Names
Ya gotta meet the old man with a map somewhere.
- The Rose & Hammer
- Ghorfin’s Alehouse
- The Crow & Anchor
- Sister Bella’s Schoolhouse
- The Cod & Crown
1d6 More Tavern Names
And his brother, too.
- The Horse & Heath
- The Hawk & Hammer
- Hog’s Head Hoppery
- Halfling House
- Hildur’s Hearthside
- The Hag & Haddock
1d6 Uncommon Comestibles
- Manticore Cakes
- Flame-kissed Dragon Brisket
- Dragon Turtle Soup
- Roast Loin of Displacer Beast
- Deviled Roc Eggs
- Purple Worm Burgers
1d6 Unusual Coins
Generic round coins are so dull.
- Hexagonal platinum coins
- Triangular silver pieces
- Circular steel coins with holes in their centers
- Small copper cubes stamped with the letters R, E, G, I, N, A on the six faces
- Silver “beans”
- Square gold pieces, twice as thick as traditional gold coins
1d6 Magic Sword Names
Hey! What’s this sword’s name, anyway?
- Kjordusk, The Ice Fang
- Zojaladoon, The Glorious Blade of Harmony
- Jiradon, The Nightstriker
- Volstjan, Protector of Valdimstad
- Irijoichi, The Arm of the Shogun
- Ja’b’Allah, The Djinnslayer
1d6 Obscure Fictional Diseases
When you need a plague to threaten a world…
- Shavan’s Syndrome
- Rymal Fever
- Grennethal’s Nariatotosis
- Hanged Man Syndrome
- Alcori Fever
- Dervish-Mills Disease
1d6 Starship Names
And when you need a ship to deliver the cure…
- The St. Michael
- The Kafr ’Ana
- The Pashkievich
- The Legerwood
- The Stuart Eustace
- The Maria Rosa
1d6 More Starship Names
Or the name of a wreck to explore…
- The Fairchild
- The Hulstina
- The Guiliu
- The Allancastria
- The Debrene
- The Przedwojewo
Yet Another 1d6 Starship Names
Or the name of a patrol cruiser…
- The Al-Razik
- The Iris Simpson
- The Aepypodius
- The Mad Jackeen
- The Testament of Isaac
- The Miguel Najdorf
1d6 Starship Names: The Next Generation
Or the name of a friendly merchant…
- The Valcárcel
- The Anschütz
- The Lone Star
- The Mycenaceae
- The Devonshire
- The Oskar Kanehl
1d6 Mummy Names
If you know its name, it might not kill you.
- Akenenn Khem
- Barankh Hemsere
- Ihonsus Perem
- Sekhet Khuniu
- Heptutu Heph
- Khetep Setarit
1d6 Troll Names
Do these names apply to new trolls regenerated from a detached body part?
1d6 Hobgoblin Names
There’s never a “Ted” in the group.
1d6 Flavorful Spell Names
You can make magic magical with a few magic words.
- The Healing Touch of Dath Myrra (Cure Light Wounds)
- Courage of the Faithful (Remove Fear)
- Briar Bind (Entangle)
- Djabid’s Dis-Integration (Magic Missile)
- Irresistible Visage (Charm Person)
- Eyes to See (Detect Illusion)
1d6 Stupid Royal Decrees
It’s enough to make a Paladin turn Chaotic, I tells ya.
- All magicians in the kingdom must wear red hats on Thursdays.
- Ducks are illegal to buy, sell, or trade, but not to own. Duck eggs are considered ducks for the purposes of this decree.
- Swords, axe blades, and any other edged weapon must be covered with sheepskin that has been dyed bright green.
- No one who tithes to the Church of St. Hubbins may sing in public.
- The tax on mackerel that has been salted is doubled, unless it is purchased from a royally-licensed vendor.
- Lute strings cannot be purchased on Sundays or Tuesdays.
1d6 Odd Magical Treasures
Better than a +1 hanky.
- A porcelain teapot that is always full of whiskey
- A lute that is perpetually in tune
- A pair of boots that never need polishing
- A comb whose possessor never needs to comb her hair
- A book that always opens to the last page that was read
- A hat whose wearer never gets wet, even when fully submerged
1d6 Offbeat Familiars
When all the ravens are spoken for.
- A Quaker Parrot
- A White Cat
- A Betta Fish
- A Bee Colony
- A Praying Mantis
- A Chicken
1d6 Character Obsessions
You quirky little adventurer, you!
- Collecting red things (armor, hats, etc.)
- Trying every “unique” beverage in the world
- Defeating the greatest living swordsman
- Not owning a tavern one day
- Having his/her name attached to a spell
- Bedding every known type of harlot
1d6 Odd Weapon Enchantments
Possibly useful, definitely unusual.
- Glows to indicate presence of drinkable water
- Wounds cause a debilitating itch
- Temperature changes inversely to environment
- Sings battle marches when swung
- Shrinks to 2” when sheathed
- Blood from wounds delivered pools and turns to carnelian (1gp per HP damage)
1d6 More Odd Weapon Enchantments
Maybe helpful, maybe just strange.
- Ignites paper on contact
- Freezes all water in a 10’ radius
- Glows in the presence of falcons & hawks
- Casts mirror image on itself whenever not worn
- Points to true East at sunrise & true West at sunset
- Glows perpetually, but dims in presence of dragons
1d6 Possibly Useful Pre-Adventure Expenses
“It’s dangerous to go alone! Take This.”
- A spare pair of boots
- A bushel of wheat
- Three pails
- 10 pounds of sand
- A goose-down pillow
- 5 straws
1d6 Sorcerous Exclamations
The hoary hosts are busy right now. Please press 3 to speak to a representative.
- Shoregrin’s Teeth!
- By the Wicks and Flames of Leoditus!
- A Square upon Scorpius!
- By the Zall’s own Ziggurat!
- By Jarrin’s Fallen Fox!
- A Ghast aghast!
1d6 Colors From The Old School RPG Crayon Box
Now it’s just getting stupid.
- Otus Orange
- Gygax Green
- Blume Blue
- Moldvay Mauve
- Petersen Purple
- St. Andre Silver
Dibs on the mummy names! Those always come in handy.
Enjoy them in good health, comrade! Just be sure you check for traps first.
A cleric I play is a follower of St. Hubbins. He always has affordable footwear. 😀
Hey DL! Here’s to St. Hubbins (and why not)!
Hey Pao! Glad to see you post on Strange Stones, Felicitous Saturnalia to you and yours! 🙂
These tables have some great ideas, thank you.
Hey there, comrade Monk! Glad to see you as well, my friend! And glad you found the tables interesting! Io Saturnalia to you and yours, too!